Monday, January 10, 2011

Running Memory?

I love the way my body has running memory. One day I will become better educated all around on running and I'll know just how true this idea really is, but for now my body makes me believe it. I think that means I've taught it well :) This past Sunday I conquered the 8 miler again. I was a little nervous, especially since I so brightly decided to jump from 5 to 8.... I take some crazy chances and most of the time they pan out... I'm thinking it's due to my body being an awesome rememberer of "I Can Do This!" It felt really great. My partner for the day and I actually pushed it to 8 and a half, we were so pumped up! My left hip is still bugging me a little bit, but with constant TLC it's getting better.Something my body has no memory of.... training for a sub 2:00 half. I'll be looking at training plans pretty soon. Kind of nervous/excited about that adventure! I think it's about time I did something besides just cross the finish line.
Side note: It's freeeeeeeeeeezing out when I run these days! I mean -FREEEEEEEEEEEEZING!! Like I think my legs have warmed up and then when I peel my running pants off and feel my skin it's icy to the touch.... wow.
I'm supposed to run 10 miles this weekend. I don't think it's going to be happening due to the upcoming visit from my awesome friend... a gal needs a little break sometimes :)

Happy Running Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment